MJA asks you: What name other than “Lei’d” should come after this wine’s older sister “Penetration”? With the grapes grown the year before the 2020 fires, this vintage will be the last Atlas Peak wine from MJA for quite some time . . . and what a wine to bookend this fabulous vertical! Its deep, dark red makes you want to lay down in the glass, enjoying the aromas of dark cherry, cranberry, and cocoa powder. On the lips, it starts bright and red and soft, which gracefully entangles and brings forth smooth and dusty maple with a hint of rosemary and leather. Pair with a cherry and cocoa marinated skirt steak with roasted golden potatoes.
* Double Gold Medal, 2022 San Francisco International Wine Competition
* Double Gold Medal, 2022 Harvest Terroir Challenge Competition
* 92 point, 2023 Wine Enthusiast Magazine
* Gold Medal, (95), 2023 New York International Wine Competition
* Atlas Peak Winery of the Year, 2023 New York International Wine Competition
* Silver Medal, 2023 Concours d’Vin Wine and Spirits Competition
|Wine Style||Red Wine|